New Hope Ministries
“Where God gives hope and purpose to all individuals.”
6313 Harford Rd., Baltimore, Md. 21214
Tele (443) 897-5304
Pastors: Rev. Tiffany Boyd & Elder Wylie Boyd Jr. Chairman: Dea. Wylie B. Boyd
Secretary: Min. Yvonne Palmer
Musician Position Description: New Hope seeks someone with prior experience in leading worship music to accompany and lead congregational and choir singing. This candidate will minister through music during worship service by leading congregational and choir singing on Sundays and occasionally midweek services. Expectation is regular, punctual attendance at worship and rehearsals with the choir.
- Primary ability to play the piano/keyboard.
- Ability to take direction and work as a team member.
- Candidate has a belief in Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Works with the pastor and Choir director(s).
- Receives music selections and direction from the pastor and choir director(s).
- Notify the pastor or choir director(s) a minimum of two weeks prior, but as soon as planned absences.are known, to allow for scheduling of a substitute organist/pianist.
- The applicant will be requested to sign forms allowing the church to perform a background check.
- Rehearse weekly with church choirs as scheduled.
- Accompany the choir during scheduled worship services.
- Support the church’s worship environment through the well-prepared execution of music presented by the choir.
- Support congregational worship through the accurate leadership of hymns and songs.
- Provide assistance in planning, preparing, rehearsing, and playing appropriate music for scheduled worship services and other required occasions to support the music ministry of the church.
- Provide music for Funerals and Weddings as instructed by the Director of Music.
- Attend Worship Ministry Team meetings as requested.
Copyright © New Hope Ministries. All rights reserved